Monday, June 8, 2009

Over the weekend; Tornado's, Golf Clubs and Grandpa

Over the weekend I had a chance to go with my dad to pick out some new golf clubs at a Titleist Demo Day. This will be my motivation after surgery to get back my strength and do my exercises. After returning Jim made it in from Cincinnati, Ohio. Jim is Betsy's father. He will stay for a few weeks. We had Skyline Chili dogs that night with ingredients he brought from Ohio (my favorite)! The following day, Sunday, we went to Village Inn after church and upon exiting saw a tornado right out from us. It was amazing! we never get tornado's on our side of the interstate (western side). It moved away from us but it was pretty scary at first. I captured a picture while driving back home in the hail (I was pulled over to the side:). This is when it started to weaken.

3 comments:

David said...

That is an amazing picture! Reminds me of my days growing up in Kansas.

Lory Howlett said...

Whoa! Were the girls scared? I grew up in Misery/Kansas, and I've never seen a tornado!

Derek and Betsy said...

The girls were very scared. We actually saw another one yesterday on the way to dinner with Jim...crazy!