Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Love My Wife

I too often forget to take the time to tell Betsy how much I love her and how much I appreciate everything she does and how proud I am to have her as my wife. I try to tell her but I get too busy in the daily routine of life. I think the thoughts in my head and I know how lucky I am but I am not always good at communicating it out loud the way she needs to hear it. I believe in God's plan for marriage that if a husband would love and cherish his wife then he will be respected by her and that is what we need as men is to feel respected and wives want to feel loved, protected and cherished.

I notice what Betsy does in a day like running along side Lucy while she learns to ride her bike feeling exhausted but doing it not for herself but our daughter. Betsy has great patience for children. She will allow our oldest daughter, Morgan to help cook dinner in the kitchen and learn valuable skills for later in life. I would just get frustrated because of the mess it would make and get mad. Betsy is also a Godly Christian woman who tries (everyday) to do the right thing and be an example to those around her. Betsy is faithful to me and trustworthy. I am very lucky to have her as my best friend and wife.

This is what I want her to know; that you are beautiful, I love you and I am proud of you!

Derek