Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am still here!

I went into surgery around 8 AM Wednesday morning and woke up around 7:30 that night in my recovery room. I was able to come home on Sunday afternoon and was glad to be home! The hospital is not a fun place to stay for more than a few days. I am pretty confined to my room but make it down when I can to stretch and see my family. Today was pretty hard as my incisions were causing a lot of pain.

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I ask that you continue to remember me in your prayers as I battle through the pain and begin to feel better. I have had a lot of friends pray with me, send cards, support my family in other ways and provide meals. I also want to thank my parents for staying with us and being their for all our needs.

I know that with God by my side and my friends and families support I will get through this.

Derek

5 comments:

Lory Howlett said...

Wow! You're already blogging! That's great! We keep praying, and we can't wait for you to feel better. with love in Christ from the H's

Yamma Mamma said...

Still praying Derek! Hope the pain eases up soon.

Stacy said...

Glad to read the update. We are still praying.

Susan said...

Glad you are home! You are right about hospitals! We'll be praying you heal up fast and well.
The Bartys'

Anonymous said...

Hi Derek,
So how is the recovery going? Bummer eh? It was for me. I was so discouraged by the non progress or at best, very little in the first couple of weeks after getting home from the hospital. But I learned it takes time to recover and you have to be patient. One day you'll wake up and be pain free or at least the pain will let up. Hang in there....things will get better.
Love, Aunt Janet