Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Parents 50th wedding anniversary

We celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary on Thanksgiving. Mom (Joyce) and Dad (Duane) have been the best parents a family could ask for. They are shinning examples for parenting and marriage. Mom and Dad brought us to church every week and taught us the importance of serving, stewardship and worship. There example has led our whole family to know and accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior.

This is a picture of my parents opening their gift. Mom has her classic reaction of being surprised . My brother, sister and I gave them a certificate to the Broadmoor to use for golfing, dining, room, etc. After an afternoon of fellowship with family and celebration we went to the GreenBriar for dinner. That was incredible!

Here is a picture of my brother, Scott and sister, Julie with our parents. We had a lot to be thankful for at Thanksgiving this year; family, health, our parents 50th and most important, our salvation... Derek




2 comments:

David said...

Derek,

I love the blog...and what a beautiful family. I'm looking forward to your updates.

Dave

Derek and Betsy said...

Thanks Dave! Who knew this would be so much fun...DW