Friday, December 12, 2008

Auto Bailout

I recently read an article on my friends blog (Howlett's) about the The Advent Conspiracy. They commented that we, as Americans, spend $450 billion each year on Christmas gifts. The Advent Conspiracy challenges us to worship fully, spend less, give more and love all. What does this have to do with the auto bailout bill in Congress? Well, if we followed the spend less and give more theory we could help change the world. I would rather see Congress spend $10 billion to pay for clean water around the world. The principles of The Advent Conspiracy should apply to big business as well as individual families. The "big 3" and others wouldn't be in this position in the first place. I want to thank the Howlett's for posting the article. I know it has challenged my thinking. Check out this website: http://www.adventconspiracy.org/ ...Derek

1 comment:

Lory Howlett said...

It's hard to make peace with this world, as our eyes open more and more to the reality of the fallen-ness. This tension--being in this world but not being of this world--if one that we struggle with.

(By the way, you're a bloggin' machine!)